“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”
I can really relate to the above quote. Over the past few years I’ve had to really work hard to ensure my own happiness, and I know many in similar situations.
For today’s post I thought I’d share a few things that make me happy. I’d also love to hear what little things in life put a smile on your face.
- Catching up with friends I don’t get to see often. There is no better feeling than seeing someone who you’ve not seen in months or even years and feeling like you were with them yesterday.
- The blogging community – I’ve had nothing but positive experiences interacting with other lovely bloggers & can’t wait to meet more.
- Light nights.
- Discovering shops with kitsch bits and bobs
- That feeling when you just know you’ve found the perfect gift for someone.
- Fresh bedding.
- Facebook memories. It’s great being able to look back at what you’ve done over the years.
- Finding cute quotes on Pinterest.
- The feeling of having a really good makeup day.
- Putting fake eyelashes on properly on the first attempt.
- Painting my nails and getting no smudges.
- Spa days.
- The noise of the rain on windows when I’m in bed.
- Making lists.
- The feeling of absolute hysteria when trying to tell a funny story.
- Clean makeup brushes.
- Hangover days spent in bed with friends eating ALL the food and watching rubbish films.
- Impromptu plans.
- Getting stuck into a really good book.
- Binge watching Friends